Now, you can help other geeks by improving an existing article on GeeksforGeeks. There are buttons “Improve Article” under and top-right corner of each article on GeeksforGeeks.
Please see the screenshot below of a sample article for your reference:
- This is the top-right button embedded in circle. You can click on this button to improve it.
- This is one of the two buttons below the article’s tag. You can click on this button to improve it.
After clicking on it, you will get a copy of the same published article where you will be able to edit the content. Please make your improvements there and resubmit it for review. We will approve valid improvement(s). Your Credential (Your Name) for improvement will be added there by the system itself.
Types of Improvements that we are accepting:
- DS/Algo: An alternate option is always helpful, same way you can add new approaches in DS & Algo articles to reduce complexity, or Fix the test cases and correct code if something is going wrong.
- Others: Make modifications to the existing article like Fixing broken links, and adding differences and adding complexity. if necessary add relevant information if you feel it’s suitable.
- Typos: All types of typing mistakes and spelling mistakes are considered Typos. If a character is missing in a word is also considered Typos.
How to submit improvements?
- During submission of Typo/Spelling mistake Mention ‘Specific Typo/Spelling mistake‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – Typos and then click on Submit for Review.
- During submission of Code Addition Mention ‘LanguageName – Code Addition‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – Code Addition and then click on Submit for Review.
- During submission of DS/Algo improvement Mention ‘Specific Approach/Method that you have added‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – DS/Algo and then click on Submit for Review.
- During submission of modifications to the existing article (if necessary) and also do additions if you feel it’s suitable Mention ‘Modifications/Additions that you have done‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – Other and then click on Submit for Review.
You can get paid for the changes that you have done to an existing article. The payment may vary from INR 50 to INR 100 per improvement, which will be determined on the basis of the type of improvement.
Some prominent terms and conditions are listed below:
- As mentioned above, the amount paid per improvement will depend upon the type, content, quality of your improvement, and several other factors.
- The content you write for improvement must be unique and must not be published somewhere else even in your name.
- In case of any dispute regarding remuneration, the final decision will be at the company’s discretion.
- Every participant will get INR 50 to 100 for each published improvement according to the types mentioned below:
- DS/Algo – INR 100
- Code Addition – INR 75
- Others – INR 50
- Typos – INR 50
- Improvements on Interview Experiences, Quiz Posts and Cheat Sheets are not acceptable.
- Select correct types of Improvement before submission for faster review.
- Describe the reason to improve the article properly.
- If no changes have been done for 2 days, Improvement will be discarded automatically.
- Only 25 articles can improve at a time
- Please avoid modifying the title of the original post in any improvement.
Please refer to How to add code to existing article (Using Improve Article) for the guidelines of code addition.
If you found any issue or you have any query and wish to improve an existing article then, you can email us to email@example.com.